The Human Resources Generalist can expect to grow their HR knowledge and experience in a well established international manufacturing company. This individual will be responsible for a variety of areas such as onboarding, benefits administration, leave management, full-cycle recruitment, HRIS management, general HR administration.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and conduct new hire onboarding to ensure new hire details are taken care of, managers are knowledgeable about their responsibilities, and organizational and position objectives are defined, communicated, and tracked
- Manage benefits administration for salaried and hourly employees
- Manage leave management scenarios to comply with internal guidelines and external legislations
- Recruitment for hourly and salaried employee employees: sourcing, screening, interviewing for multiple locations internationally.
- Manage all university and co-op recruitment and relationships
- Responsible for the HRIS system as the primary manager for HR Data, including reports generation
- Administer and coordinate annual HR programs such as scorecards, and performance and compensation reviews
- Facilitate company-wide initiatives such as Wellness and Lunch and Learns
- Partner with Payroll in managing benefits
Desired Education & Experience:
- University degree or college diploma in a related discipline
- At least 5 years experience in progressive HR positions.
- Hands-on experience with HRIS and report generation
- Excellent communication skills including written, oral, and listening
- Strong ability to build trusting professional relationships with all departments and across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and action orientation
- Resourceful, creative problem solver
- Demonstrated negotiation skills to successfully attract top talent
- Exceptional computer skills using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Able to handle challenging situations in a confidential diplomatic manner
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven track-record of responsiveness and meeting deadlines
- Strong knowledge of legislations related to HR practices such as Employment Standards Act of BC, WorkSafe BC, and the Human Rights Code
We thank all candidates for their application however only those short-listed will be contacted. Only those legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered.